Risk Assessment Service
ROLLER SHUTTER RISK ASSESSMENT
Our Service is an inspection of an Roller Shutter(s), undertaken at the place of installation to identify any potential risks to people, when the Roller Shutter is being used.
The HSE recommends that every roller shutter installation has a full risk assessment, with any recommendations made by the Inspector acted upon.
WATCH OUT! Company Directors are answerable for injuries, deaths or other RIDDOR issues that are investigated by the HSE.
If an accident does occur, it is important to note that the last Roller Shutter Company involved with the gate will also be investigated. If the roller shutter is deemed to be non-compliant, the Directors of the shutter company could be prosecuted.
SOS Risk Assessment Elements
Roller Shutter Risk Assessment
Risk Assessments are site specific reports, the normal process would include the following…
- Technical list of installed key components
- The Safety Devices installed, and if operational
- A 9-point Force Test Report
- Photos of the shutter and concerning areas
- Key Physical Measurements
- Hazards identified and photographs
- Appropriate risk control measures
- Certificate of Compliance if compliant
- Safety Upgrade quote if compliant work required
- Supporting Safety Advice
A site Roller Shutter risk assessment needs to be completed once.
However, should changes at the location, especially construction then a new or revised risk assessment should be completed. It may also be possible that your company policy requires a periodical review for insurance purposes.
Check out our maintenance criteria when looking to provide a comprehensive Roller Shutter Door service.